Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

CANDY “SUSHI”



1T. Butter, cut into pieces
12 Marshmallows
2c. Puffed rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
6 fruit roll ups
6 strips of licorice, cut in half
 

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir marshmallows until completely melted. Remove mixture from heat and add cereal. Stir to coat cereal evenly in melted marshmallows.
Roll out the fruit roll-ups. Place a few spoonfuls of the coated cereal onto each fruit roll-up and gather toward the back edge of the roll-up. Press 2 cut licorice twists onto cereal mix. Wrap and roll the candy and fruit roll-up so that the finished product resembles a sushi roll, shimmying the licorice into the center of the Rice Krispies.
Place a sharp knife into a bowl of very warm water. Cut candy sushi with warm knife and arrange pieces on a plate to serve.


*It's fun to garnish with Swedish fish too. :)

3 comments:

  1. hmmm , looks yummy I will it later haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is adorable! I love Swedish fish too as do my kids! We are so doing this!

    Hope you keep adding pix to your great recipes! Kids love to see them, and so do I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the recipes!!! I will be making some of them with my son ~ thanks :)

    ReplyDelete